My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Sunday 1 April 2012

More sad news and a quick update

Ma's brother, my Uncle Ernie, passed away on Friday morning. He has also suffered from dementia for several years but it was still an enormous shock only seven days after Auntie Anne. If there is one small mercy for Ma it is that she doesn't understand what has happened and is spared the extreme distress this last week would have caused her.

We have such fond memories of Uncle Ern and our holidays in Paignton, both when I was small and when my children were too - the toupée incident, tea on the beach, sunshine and Beverley Park Caravan site. Happy days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't blogged because I managed to do a secret ninja raid to North Devon for Lulu's Christening. Lovely to surprise Ed and Hayley and see the Grandies - especially Lulu of course, the star of the show :)

I left Ma happy and content at the home, she is eating a little which is fabulous news and although now only 38kg am hopeful that even such a tiny amount of food might slow the weightloss a little.

Heading back again today with H in tow for the Easter hols and Auntie Anne's funeral tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well... what else was I going to blip? :)

1 comment:

  1. It was a great surprise and Lulu enjoyed spending time with you.love you lots and hugs to Nonnie and Nanny.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete