My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Update

Another day, another update. Not a great deal to report though. Yesterday she was given two pints of blood to help with the anaemia she has developed as a result of not eating either properly or indeed at all. So although there was little response from her again, her colour was much much better. I managed to get her to drink a little bit of water and the staff said she'd had a bit of soup. But otherwise still very sleepy, unresponsive and unable to keep her eyes open for more than a few seconds. Today was more of the same really without the blood transfusion. I'm genuinely apprehensive about looking after her when she comes home.

Other news... David's condition has improved dramatically since the weekend. He has left the ICU and today there is talk of moving him from the High Dependency Unit to the regular ward tomorrow. Wonderful wonderful news.

H arrives on Saturday and I can't wait to see her. She's struggling a little bit at the moment and definitely needs some Mummy time. And I definitely need some daughter time.

What with Ma, David, Auntie Anne, H and her probs and W phoning me when he's having another one of his headless chicken moments I'm feeling a bit like I'm running on empty.

1 comment:

  1. I supose theres some yin and yang in there somewhere Bee, but bet its getting harder to find. xx

    ReplyDelete