My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Thursday 16 February 2012

Meeting

The meeting went well this morning, I was pleased with the outcome and think everyone was keen to do what was best for Ma's interests.

The plan is to review her medication and perhaps look at taking away some of the heavyweight mood drugs, get her off the catheter and hopefully back to continence, get her seen by the nutritionist, arrange a stay in a nursing home before coming home and then have some additional help come in to support me.

Ma was 100% brighter today, far more alert and responsive. I fed her some lunch and while she didn't eat an awful lot of it, she did eat some mashed potato, apple sauce, a few green beans and some ice cream. I think this may be the result of not being given either her sleeping tablets or codeine for a few days. We had quite a laugh too which was wonderful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's blip is another spring flower, a teeny tiny narcissus. I love their sweet little faces. As usual I agonised over which one to choose as my blip, here are the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment