My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Sunday 26 February 2012

Hmmm

I went to see Ma this morning and took her some more clothes. The staff were pleased to see me and were grateful for my help in getting her to take her medicines. She was very dopey again and we are back to the eyes closed/unable to focus scenario. On further investigation it seems that the hospital sent her off with all her meds but did not say that she was no longer taking the Zopiclone. As her med sheet says 7.5mg of Zopiclone at night, that is what they must do until instructed otherwise. They were hoping to contact the ward this afternoon and request a fax detailing Dr Prasad's instruction regarding this. In the meantime Ma is pretty much out of it and it's no wonder they can't get her to eat or drink anything much.

They have also asked me to chase up wheelchair services because she really does need one now (last time I spoke to them the waiting list was quite long) and to organise some Fortisip for her because the hospital didn't send any with her. So that's two jobs for me to follow up tomorrow.

She seems quite content and clearly isn't in any distress which is a huge relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today I made and blipped a cake because friends were calling in for a cup of tea on the way back to Cornwall. Very nice it was too, damp and squidgey and not too sweet. I can recommend it :)

4 comments:

  1. That cake looks gorgeous - just right for my friend who is wheat-free. Got it saved, thanks Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if your struggling with getting a wheelchair.I have a contact at Millercare who maybe able to help.Failing that they are on sale at Aldi in Ramsbottom (couldn't believe it myself)Take care and love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel that made me laugh out loud for real!! Off to check out Aldi...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got sorted-don't tell me you bought the wheelchair from Aldi and it came in a thousand pieces and a 100 page manual!!!

    ReplyDelete