My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Monday 20 February 2012

Helloo...

... long time no blogging.

It's been a bit of a hectic few days with one thing and another (mainly organising Harriet's return and then driving her back to Devon) so haven't had much chance to update. I'm also aware that the last few weeks have seen very short updates but unfortunately I haven't had a lot to report re Ma so unless you want to hear about my deeply exciting life, they will remain on the short side for a little while yet.

We saw Ma yesterday before we left and the improvement continues. From where she was a week ago unable to focus on anything or keep her eyes open to spotting us as we entered the ward and smiling in recognition. A truly HUGE improvement. The hospital have started giving her Fortisip drinks which will hopefully build her up a bit and perhaps give her a bit more energy.

While I'm away J has stepped into the breach, God love her, and will check on Ma for me and take home any washing etc. I'm not planning on being here for very long but do have a few issues to reslove before heading back. It could possibly be tomorrow but more likely to be on Wednesday. And if it's Wednesday it gives my joints a chance to recover a little - win win!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been blipping though. Here here here and here !

I do hope you like them.

2 comments:

  1. It must have been great, when you saw Ma smile and recognised you in the ward. Glad she is on the mend. Hope you are able to relax a little in Devon, before coming home xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second attempt at commenting - the new security words are a real pain to read!

    Of course I want to know about your deeply unexciting life - if only to reassure myself that my own particular unexciting life is just normal!

    So glad that Mum is improving - enjoy your respite in Devon.

    ReplyDelete