My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Friday 23 December 2011

Oh my days!

Well it's been quite a day.

Ma was up just after 4 shouting and yelling as usual and no amount of pleading would get her to stay in bed for any length of time so we spent the next couple of hours with her shouting hello (HeLLo? Helllooooo???) and me telling her to go back to bed. In revenge she removed most of her clothes.

I had an appointment at the hospital at 09:30 so we were both showered and dressed fairly smartish then H was prised out of bed to Nanny-sit and off I went. On the way back I went to collect the turkey which only involved a forty minute queue in the butchers *sigh*

After lunch and the small matter of a lost front door key and a locksmith, stopping Ma from trying to sit down in the television and then leaving her to rearrange the cushions and distribute a number of coats around the house (but not, naturally, the one she usually wears which went missing on Thursday), I cooked more things.

Then an incident in the bathroom meant that I was feeling quite tearful for a while, but I'm ok now.

We are currently watching the Sorcerer's Apprentice which is very surreal but highly amusing when accompanied by Ma commenting on the action and trying to engage Nicholas Cage in conversation...

1 comment:

  1. Yes! My Mom totally picks up things and relocates them all the time. Stuff is constantly going missing because she's picking something up and squirreling it off to some hidey-hole somewhere. It makes her feel good to be moving things around, drives us batty.
    -M

    ReplyDelete