My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Well that made me laugh (sorry Barry!)

We've been watching tv this morning, negotiating away from news bulletins has meant a fair amount of turning to the jewellery channel for soothing views of incredibly naff cheap-but-bigging-it-up jewellery.

Half past ten brings This Morning which is very popular - she's especially amused by Gino for some reason and doesn't find him the least bit annoying. Most bizarre. Anyway one of the items today was a couple who have adjusted to Neil becoming Nicola after 20 years of marriage. I'm not about to comment on that (I don't have a problem with it, for the record. Each to his/her own is my motto) but about halfway through Ma became convinced that Neil/Nicola was, in fact, her social worker Barry. No amount of telling her he wasn't made a jot of difference, so I'm posting this to prepare Barry for the moment when Ma asks him why he isn't wearing a dress...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Ya gotta laugh at some of this or you'll just cry. In that moment your mom's a hoot! Look out Barry...

    ReplyDelete