My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Thursday 27 October 2011

It's that time of the week again

Ma was up before daylight calling for me. She was ready for the day centre in her pyjamas, two jackets and a coat with the gold metallic belt once again around her neck. After I'd got her showered, dressed and fed she was on pins waiting for the bus to arrive. And once it did arrive she went off without a backward glance.

Because E & P were coming for lunch I made a chicken, mushroom and parsley pie and prepped the veg and not long after that they arrived. Lunch done I took E to see the garden centre and we had a happy pootle around there for an hour. Simple pleasures.

They've just left, Ma has had a tiny piece of pie and a new potato and is off to bed.

She's just told me she won't be going again next week.

*models for Edvard Munch*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chicken, mushroom and parsley pie about to go into the Aga

2 comments:

  1. Ah- she's just playing to the gallery- she'll go again next week, I'm sure (not least because you'll be manhandling her up the steps to the van if needs be)
    I thought calling it the "Laydees' Club" appeared to appeal so maybe that might help make it more palatable. I pretty much expected she'd be narky after we'd gone, having been very fluffy whilst we were there. Twas ever thus- at least she didn't throw a complete wobbly.
    We had the loveliest of days- simple pleasures indeed and your chook pie was a thing of beauty which made my pastry deprived best beloved a very happy man. See you again soon! love E&P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pie presentation puts mine to shame Bee. Mine never looks so professional even if I try very hard ... and I don't often try very hard. lol

    ReplyDelete