My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Wincey's Words of Wisdom

Quick update on today.

Picked Ma up just after 10 this morning. We listened to the Radio 2 pop quiz on the way home which she seemed to enjoy - although I'm not so sure it was quite as funny as she seemed to think it was... The weather was absolutely foul so the journey wasn't the best but we got home ok.

She's eaten a three egg cheese omelette with bread and butter for lunch and a small portion of braising steak and onions with some mash just now. Plus tea and chocolate biscuits with Vic and Mavis. A good food day for once.

Lots of confusion about what has happened recently so I've had to do a fair bit of picking through the conversation carefully to make sure that I don't piss her off because I'm 'not listening' or worse, correcting her.

And I am shattered and in quite a bit of pain after all the driving so need to go and lie down in a darkened room.

So a short update today, sorry. More tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


M62. Saddleworth Moor. Just passed the sign which says 'Highest Point on British Motorway 1221ft'. It is raining so hard and the spray is so bad you can't tell one from the other.

'It's a bit dull isn't it'

3 comments:

  1. I've driven on that part of the motorway and I think it was raining just as hard then. It must be a permanent weather cloud up there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live nearby and I can tell you that there is!

    ReplyDelete