My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Pffft

Horrible horrible bad back today and run out of Tramadol so had to do a Quasimodo style leg-drag into Tesco and buy pathetic Solpadeine instead. To be honest with you, I'm not sure what to do with myself as sitting, standing or lying down doesn't help.

Cooked Ma red flannel hash tonight which she hoovered up to my considerable surprise. She's been ok today, much more level and far less volatile. We went to Tesco first thing. It took quite a long time to get relatively few items (one carrier bag) because she spends a lot of time studying the shelves and then declares that there's nothing very interesting to buy! We did manage to settle on some cookies she fancied which was good and got some new bath mats to replace the ancient ones in situ, also good :)

This afternoon was bittersweet. We watched Wimbledon and she asked me to explain the scoring to her. I remember asking her the same thing in about 1969.

More later maybe. Not feeling too great if I'm honest.

2 comments: