My mother was diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2010. This is a blog about coming to terms with her absent mind.

Sunday 17 April 2011

Sunday

Today has been both a really lovely day and a really hard one.

Ma has been a bit wobbly, both mentally and physically, which can result in trips or falls or repetitive questioning and being really very arsey about it when she does any of the above. However, we were invited out for lunch and had a really good time. H got to see Z who she meets whenever she's up here and has done since she was quite tiny. Mum thoroughly enjoyed lunch with her favourite friends (and some of my favourite people) who are obviously very forgiving about bizarre turns of conversation, interesting sartorial choices and odd behaviour plus I got time off cooking duties, which is always a pleasant change even though I do love to cook. We are now back and Ma is watching The Cube. I do wish she'd watch BBC though, every ad break completely confuses her, but other than that all is well (even though I've just had to be very firm again with her about feeding the dog fecking chocolate). Grumpy face.

The hard bit is purely mine own. It's been a bad pain day for me so I've struggled a little. I think I need to investigate the world of mattress toppers because I can't keep waking up feeling broken forever. And there's only so much Tramadol and Valium in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment